Welcome!

Hear about my daily activities, hopes, dreams, and curiosities!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sharell, Casey and I decided to do three posts and rotate ideas. The one I'm starting with is what I would do if I won the lottery. Be cause the lottery jackpot varies so much in amount and that amount makes all the difference in your decisions I decided to do it for a few different sized jackpots. I'm refraining from using the actual values of these list items on purpose.


$1,000,000

  • Clear my family's and my debts and obligations.
  • Have Mom and Dad retire as soon as possible
  • Set aside money for Kori to get her bachelor's.
  • Increase all families insurances - health, homeowners, auto . . .
  • Remodel SB house kitchen (Expand and include: better stove, island, sink, dishwasher, garbage disposal, better lighting and cupboard space)
  • Buy Mom, Dad, Kori, and Sharell better cars and drop some money into mine.
  • Give to the DPEA - donate machine for "gearing up" challenge
  • Give to the CP Machine Shops - sponsor a student technician
  • Plan a trip for my family.
  • Plan a trip for my friends.
  • Put aside some money each year to use towards doing things on my bucket list - this has a high priority on doing things with friends and family and is where I include their wants and needs in one bullet
  • Buy for myself: smartphone, desktop computer, laptop, sweet roadbike, snowboard, TV, and PS3
  • Invest and save the rest (with the advice of financial advisers) with enough freedom to have fun but not enough to get me in trouble
  • Random acts of financial generosity (buying groceries for strangers, clothing and blankets for homeless)

$10,000,000

  • All items from $1M list and (*or instead of if applicable):
  • Create an endowment to help fund DPEA*
  • Create an endowment to pay for (some) student technicians at CP Project Centers*
  • Buy myself a new car and motorcycle (G35 and Yamaha R6)
  • Plan a trip for extended family
  • Throw a PHAT party.
  • Remodel SB house (4 Bed, 4 Bath, 2 Car garage at least)*
  • Buy a house somewhere I want to live - probably SLO so I could rent it out if I didn't live there.
  • Hire personal assistant, personal trainer, a great lawyer, a good doctor, and financial adviser as mentioned before - all part time of course.


$50,000,000

  • All items from $10M list and (*or instead of if applicable):
  • Create an endowment to pay for all student technicians at the CP Project Centers
  • Hire a team (on contract, not indefinitely) to plan a new CENG project center.
  • Pay to fix machines and buy supplies for the project centers.
  • Help start an Engineering Academy at SLO high
  • Give to the KhanAcademy
  • Add to my car collection - it's a big list that I don't want to put in this post.
  • Buy neighbors to the right and behind of San Roque house and build a sick place with pool, guest house, and lots of extras like game, theater, reading, workout, animal rooms.
  • Buy a piece of land and build a burger joint, drive in theater, bowling alley, roller rink, 1/8th mile drag strip combo and make it cheap to use.
  • Look into buying more property in places like Tahoe, Mammoth, Colorado, Oregon, Vermont, Orlando, Scandinavia, South America

$100,000,000

  • Build the CENG Projects Center
  • Build a SLO High Engineering Academy Building
  • Try to start clean energy companies like solar and wind farms
  • Invest in people's new ideas


With each increase in amount of money the list of stuff to buy can grow but ultimately the end goals are increasing the ways that money works for you (making more money off the money you already have - which becomes increasingly easier as you have more) so that you can put that money to good use in more ways for your fellow man. So I would:

  1. Invest in things I think are important in order to get more money.
  2. Use earned money to benefit all man kind as best as I can
  3. Make sure myself and others still have tons of fun with our time on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great list! Those plans for the house are so cool! What a generous guy you are!

    ReplyDelete